Monday, May 23, 2011

Growing up!

Wow! Life has gotten a little crazy in the past few months and I think it is time for a little family update. Sorry no pics but I'll work on that.

First, Tank (aka Terrance). I think he legally wants to change his name but I won't let him. He is still an apartment maintainance guy and is loving it. Hopefully he will be getting a promotion in the next week or so. It's definitely needed!! His current boss has turned him into a 14 year old immature boy. You wouldn't believe the things they do at work. I'm seriously embarrased sometimes but as long as he loves his job and keeps it, I'm happy. He recently has delved into his family history and has adopted his Scottish heritage. He's purchased a Kilt (thanks Helene for an early birthday present!) and is starting to train for the Highland Scottish Games this summer. I think it's a little weird that I'm going to allow my husband to wear a skirt while throwing around big stones and logs but if he is comfortable with it, so am I. Last thing...he is turning 30 in a week or so!! I'm hoping to have a fun surprise party for him but I haven't figured out the details. Good thing he never checks our blog or else I would be in trouble right now.

Next is me...I'm just getting fat:) I am 28 weeks and expecting a boy on August 28th. So far so good. I haven't been that sick at all and I'm not gaining as much weight as I did with my other 2 which is great. It's pretty weird how different each pregnancy can be. The weird dreams are still there but the cravings are not. I'll tell you what, this boy is going to be a crazy one. I swear he never sleeps and is constantly kicking, flipping, and dancing 24/7. At my last Dr. visit while the nurse was listening to the heart beat he kicked so hard it scared the nurse. She couldn't believe that be was that active already. That's all I need is another hyper child to keep me on my toes.

Parker is awesome. He is totally excited about having a brother and insists on calling him Beckham just because his friend at daycare has a brother with that name. I'm not so sure about it yet but we'll see. He recently moved into his own room, in the basement, by himself, and has an alarm clock and his own bathroom. I know that he is only 4 years old but he loves it and it has been a huge stress relief on me. No more fights in the morning regarding getting dressed or brushing his teeth. He does it all on his own now without being asked. He's grown up so much in the past few weeks. As far as size goes, he is 55 lbs and about 4 feet tall and mistaken for a 7 or 8 year old almost every day. He will definitely be a mini-Tank when he gets older.

Rylee is a little princess. Lately she has been way into dresses, shoes, doing her hair, painting her toenails, and likes to pretend to put on makeup when mommy does. I was so afraid that I was going to raise a total tom-boy but she is surprising me every day. She loves to dance. There doesn't even need to be music playing and she'll start dancing. Her favorite move, the booty shake (as Parker calls it). The best night of dancing ever was one night at 11pm after watching a movie Terrance decided to put on the broadway musical Cats. Rylee was totally amazed at what she was seeing. She started to mimic the moves she saw on the TV and just went crazy. Best thing ever. All of us were in tears we were laughing so hard. I can't believe how cute and adorable she is. In prep of her little brother she has moved into a big girl bed and has done pretty good. Last night she was crying and Terrance found her stuck underneath her bed. I'm not sure how she got there but that has been the worst of it. One thing that kills me is she still loves a bottle. On occasion I'll give it her (I know that's bad to do, I'm weak) but once the baby comes she is going to be extremely jealous.

Overall the Henderson's are doing great!

0 comments: