Monday, July 19, 2010

What am I doing?






So it's 4:22am and I have no idea why I am awake right now. Maybe it was the 12+ hours of sleep I got last night, the constant worrying about finances or my crazy work week/month that all starts tomorrow...well this morning at 9:00am. No better time to check out what others are doing and let you all know what we are up to.

Let's start with the little one. Rylee.

This girl is crazy! She has been walking since....well forever....and is starting to become a total menace. She just discovered that she can climb..half way up things and then she freaks out and starts screaming. I of course always come to her rescue but have to laugh first. One day she'll figure it out. Rylee turned 1 on June 22nd and had an awesome birthday at the zoo with family. She talks a lot but the only words you can make out are MOM, DAD, and Hi. She loves giving kisses but often tries to eat you like a sandwich. Parker thinks it's the funniest thing ever. I'm betting all of you right now that one day she is going to be a beauty queen. I wish I would have gotten a picture, but one day I found her sitting in Parker's Tonka truck waving to no one. Born to be a beauty queen. I wonder who she got that from. Definitely not mom!
Parker is the best kid ever. He has officially started potty training. I know he's a little old to just be starting but I didn't want to force him and he's a little scared of the 'big toilet'. He is doing pretty good. We're still in pull-ups but he's kept them dry all day and has even clogged our toilet with a poop. He's so proud of that! Socializing is a big part of his life right now. His new best friend is our next door neighbor Jasmine (5 yrs old). It's so cute watching him walk next door, knock, and ask her to play. Every day on the way home from work he asks me if he can play with his friends. The other day I had to 'walk him across the street to see a friend'. This is great for me because after living in our house for almost 2 years, I have finally met our neighbors across the street. He's so big. The other day I noticed that he goes to my belly button! He's only 3 1/2 and the size of a 5 or 6 year old. Crazy.

Terrance is awesome! Plain and simple. He just started a new job as a apartment maintenance guy for several complexes downtown. Every day he comes home telling me about how disgusting this apartment was and how many times I would have thrown up if I'd seen it. I asked him if he likes his job. His response 'I LOVE IT'. Weirdo. At least I know that my house isn't the most disgusting thing out there:) For the past year he has always had 2 jobs. A regular 9-5 and then FedEx at night from 5:30-10. Starting in August he will only have one job!!! YIPEE!! I get my husband in the evenings! It's been so hard not having a husband or dad around very much Monday - Friday. On Saturday and Sunday the first thing Parker asks when he wakes up is if dad is home. It's super cute but sad at the same time that he misses his dad so much. I know our situation isn't bad. Some families I know don't see there dad for months at a time. Parker, Rylee, and of course ME love our dad and we can't wait to see him more. Oh yeah...I can't talk about Terrance without mentioning our new pet. The Chin!
Terrance has surprised me with how long he has been able to keep this thing growing despite how much I hate it! Oh well. He sees it as a major accomplishment:) He knows exactly what I want for Christmas...a bald chin! I hope I get it.

Well I guess that only leaves me. I'm still working for Salt Lake County but got a promotion about a month ago. I am now a Program Manager at the County Sports Office in Murray where I run county wide programs. My old boss now calls me the Queen Shiz! I'm pretty much a glorified coordinator. Most Program Managers run their own rec. center but I get to run programs instead. I now work with 4 other full time people in an office. Doesn't sound that weird. Well I went from a super busy rec. center with a constant flow of people coming in and out, phone ringing off the hook, running 7 programs at a time, constantly being bothered by front desk staff, and working evenings and weekends....to working in an office with 4 other people:) I don't work at night or on the weekends unless it's a special situation, I maybe get 5 phone calls a day, and I never get bothered by the front desk. It's so weird! The first 2 weeks I really struggled and wondered if I had made the right choice in moving BUT I discovered that when you have no distractions you can actually get a lot of work done. I'm over the Salt Lake County Corporate Games (olympics for companies), Adult and Youth Volleyball, Snow Blitz, and vending. Vending is a little weird but whatever. I love it! On another note...I am now a runner. I know it sounds a little crazy. Me of all people...running! My neighbor has been training for a half marathon and I offered to help her. We started running over a month ago and haven't been super consistent because of my crazy life but we have been able to 4+ miles every now and then. I even finished a 5K without stopping. Near the end I was running incredibly slow but I was running. I promised her that next year I would run the half with her. I better stick to my promise. Sorry so random but I just completed my first season of coed softball. I played with a few of my volleyball girls and their men up at the U and it was a ton of fun. Of course I was the only one with kids. It was a ton of fun even though I'm not very good. I played 2nd and swing like a girl! No seriously I am now famous for the best full swing bunt! The only athletic ability I have is toward volleyball. I make a complete fool of myself with everything else. Of well.

Well that's us in a nut shell. We've had a pretty fun summer so far. Lots of trips to the Zoo and the lake, we've hit up Wheeler Farm, the Scottish Festival, and the Gateway fountain. I guess I better get to bed since I have to wake up in 2 hours.

Good night...morning!




2 comments:

The Catmull Crowd said...

I am glad you guys are doing great! It is hard for kids not to see their dad....we look forward to Sundays when we get ours all day! Your kids are adorable...good luck with your new promotion! That is awesome! and the running thing... SaaaWeeet!

The Catmull Crowd said...

I am glad you guys are doing great! It is hard for kids not to see their dad....we look forward to Sundays when we get ours all day! Your kids are adorable...good luck with your new promotion! That is awesome! and the running thing... SaaaWeeet!