Monday, April 21, 2008

WHAT TO DO?!?

So I've reached a critical time in Parker's life. The other night I put Parker to bed like I always do. He was upset for a few minutes, which is normal, but all of a sudden it got really quite. I didn't pay much attention to it, thinking that he had finally fallen asleep. Next thing I heard was this terrible shriek coming from his room. Terrance jumped up and went to see what was wrong. The only thing is that it was so loud that it sounded like his door was wide open but it wasn't. Terrance slowly opened the door and there was Parker sitting behind the door just as scared as can be. He fell out of his crib!! I'm asking all those mothers out there your advise on what to do? Hopefully it scared him so much that he won't do it again but I don't want him to get hurt. At what age do you dare introduce the big boy bed? He is such a big, tall kid that when he stands in his crib his belly button is on the railing. Since then I've had a hard time sleeping in fear that he will fall out again. Help me please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsey,
It's megan, how have you been. Have you tried turning his crib around. The same thing happened to me and then once I turned it around he didn't climb out of it anymore. Now he's two and is sleeping in a big boy bed. Let me know how it goes.
We need to get toegther I didn't even know that you had a baby. He is really cute. Hope all is well... Megan

Kimmie said...

Have you lowered the mattress all the way down? I can't believe that! Em hasn't even tried to climb out of her crib. I was just telling Ron we should get her a big girl bed. I think my boys were in one at the 1 1/2 year mark. Parker is one tuff, smart, cookie!
I would just do a toddler bed or just pull his mattress out and have hime try sleeping on that for a while... good luck, that is really amazing, I'm still in shock and disbelief!

Terri said...

Maddy used to climb out of her crib and onto a dresser - which was one of those short and wide dressers rather than the tall and skinny ones - luckily! When she started climbing out I knew it was time for the toddler bed.

Even using a portable playpen for awhile would be safer than taking a chance of your cute little man falling out of his crib again.

Another suggestion would be to use a baby safety gate on his door, that is if you have him in a toddler bed. That way he can be seen and heard, but cannot escape the room. :)

Good luck little sis! x0x0x