Sunday, July 27, 2008

BRACE YOURSELVES!! This could take a while.

Where do I begin?
First an explanation...I work all day long everyday in front of a computer!  It's really hard for me to come home and want to get on another computer.  So, I apologize for not keeping this thing updated.
As far as the family goes, we've had a bit of a bumpy ride.   Let's see...last time I blogged was Parkers birthday in February so a lot of stuff has happened since then.  

Let's start with Terrance.  

He finished his Aviation Maintenance Program at SLCC but still needs to take his certification tests.  He went from working as a helicopter mechanic to driving a delivery truck, and now is working on getting an even better job with an oil company.  He plans on going to school in the fall and starting a degree in mechanical engineering.  In June he was able to go to Kansas and compete in a skills competition for a week.  He took 7th place.  While he was there he went to his first major league baseball game.  Oh one last thing about Terrance.  He is bald, obviously.  Well one day he went to buzz his head like he always does unfortunately the clippers weren't very sharp and ended up having to bic his head, for the first time ever.  It was weird but he still looks good!


Next person in line is me, Lyndsey.

Well my life hasn't been as exciting as Terrance's in the past few months.  I still work at Dimple Dell Rec. Center in Sandy and I pretty much just do that and a whole lot of nothing afterwards.  I used to have much longer hair.  I really needed a trim so I decided to quickly go to Great Clips and get it done.  That was a huge mistake!!  I got a hair cut...a bad one!!  The hairstylist didn't style it at all so I went home and did it myself.  Come to find out my hair looked like it had been hit by a machete.  It was so uneven and just plain horrible.  So I ran back over the Great Clips and had them fix it.  Unfortunately in order to fix it they had to cut it really short.  It's not the cutest hair I've ever had but with the hot weather we've been having lately it sure is nice.  From now on I will NEVER get a hair cute for less than $30.00.  Anyone know a good hairstylist?

And finally Parker.

He has probably had the most exciting time out of all of us.  Let's see...he's been to an Easter Egg hunt that mommy put on, he spent a weekend in Park City with the Henderson's and his cousin Marcus.   He's been on the Heber Creeper and met Thomas the Engine.  He got to see his great grandmother Ovard at her 80th birthday.  He watched 1 parade, 4 sets of fireworks, and 1 baseball game during the 4th of July weekend alone, and that doesn't include the Orem Summerfest of 24th of July festivities.  He got to see all of the animals at Hogle Zoo twice!  He's been boating twice and got ride on the tube.  He got to meet his uncle Ryan for the first time and he's had a sinus infection...not fun!  There are probably a lot more things that he's done but there's just not enough time or space.  I'll post a slideshow of all of those pictures later.  Let me just tell you how awesome Parker is.  His favorite word to say right now is 'More' and he is getting really good saying 'Please' and 'Thank You'.  His vocabulary is crazing.  He absolutely loves to talk.  Of course there are some words that only mom and dad can understand but he is pretty smart.  When he jumps he can actually get both feet off of the ground!!  That may seem like a small accomplishment but if you are a parent then you know how funny it is to see a 1 year learn how to jump.  Brushing his teeth and watching The Wonder Pets is his favorite thing to do in the morning.  If you haven't seen the show I highly recommend it.  I can't forget to mention that he loves bugs.  Every time he see's a bug he yells out 'BUG' and then of course he tries to pick it up.  He is growing up so fast.  I think it's time for a brother or sister...don't you?
SETTLE DOWN!!!  I'm not pregnant but maybe soon!

As far as the family goes...
We are doing just great.  Life has been a little crazy but it still goes on.  We are still in Taylorsville and currently looking for a home.  Hopefully in the next little bit we will have so more exciting news to tell everyone.

I hope you enjoyed!!

4 comments:

Shel said...

I did enjoy! It's fun to see what you guys are up to and that everything is going well for you! Maybe I will get to see you at some VB games this fall, that would be fun, I bet that Parker and Benson would have tons of fun together!

Kimmie said...

You forgot to mention Em is his favorite cousin.... hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Great to see what you are up to!! Hope to see more :)

Nerissa said...

My hairdresser's name is Preston and he works at Salon Rz here in SLC. He's HANDS DOWN the best hair stylist I've EVER been to! And that includes everyone that I went to when i was in California too! I've been going to him since he was in hair school like 5 years ago. He's AWESOME!!! And P.S. You're so cute I'm sure you, bad haircut or not, are still BEAUTIFUL!!